Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Message from Edd and Jimi

Hi Guys,

First of all, we'd like to sincerely apologize for the lack of updates to Suitcasewatch over the past few days. We're working flat out on new content (Edd has left College and is now full time on Suitcasewatch!) as well as upgraded servers and a new backbone to cater for the increased interest.

It's no secret that times are tough finance-wise for the site. We started Suitcasewatch pretty well one week ago today, and we won't deny it has been a learning experience! (You bet! - Edd). There are other 'pavement furniture' type sites around trying to get a slice of our revenue pie, and there is some aggressive marketing around. It would be a sad day if marketing dollars were to bulldoze all before them - remember Betamax was generally regarded to be the better product but lost out to so-called big business.

Thanks to our owners, Streetscene Blogs LLC, for their ongoing support in continuing with Suitcasewatch.

And lastly to the Suitcasewatch community. You guys are the best! We've gotten great feedback and support from you since day one, and it's what makes Edd and I keep going. The Adam Smith guys, Samizdata, Melanie Phillips - and most of all, all you great individual 'little guy' bloggers and readers out there. Long may we continue together.

All best wishes,

Edd and Jimi

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim (rell one not dhnger) said...

Like to find out what happen's next. Like did they in fact get back the suitcase, ect.

Anyways.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It's a devastating critique of consumerism/blogging/criminal justice/the media/art/religion.

Well done.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my eye on a really nice suitcase for sometime now -

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0001ZSLE6.01-AHP4UJEATDF9B._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35058975_.jpg

8:26 AM  
Blogger El Cerdo Ignatius said...

All right, I admit it! I took the damn suitcase! But for the right price I shall negotiate its return.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it contained the original draft of the Stern Report, was found to have been printed on non-recycled paper, and was deemed recyclable and dispensed with forthwith. Or was simply taken back to Newcastle by a disgruntled midfielder from the Milton Keynes Dons who was heard to mutter, "Friedman, FRIEDMAN!" repeatedly while clutching the case to his chest.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home